Friday, October 5, 2018

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford meets fan and budding blind football star Rainbow Mbuangi in touching interview

The England star, 20, had a heart-to-heart with the 15-year-old football hopeful in a heartwarming discussion for Guide Dogs.

In the clip the pair swap their best and funniest football stories, with Rashford even describing the blind teenager as a "hero".
Sitting side-by-side - along with Rainbow's guide dog, Drake - Rashford even invites close pal Jesse Lingard to get involved.
On meeting his hero, Rainbow said: “I’ve grown up with Man United posters on my walls ever since I was little and having the chance to meet Marcus was a dream come true.

"He’s inspired me to push myself and one day I hope to be just like him – playing for my country in the official England Blind Football team.”
Meanwhile, Rashford added: “It’s an honour to be thought of as a hero but I think Rainbow’s the real hero here.

"From what I hear he is quite the talent on the pitch and it’s clear that nothing will get in the way of him pursuing his dream.
"I look forward to seeing him play for the England Blind Football team in the future.”
During their chat, Rashford promised to come and watch Rainbow play in his next game - while also revealing his most embarrassing United moment.
The World Cup star said: "You know Fred the Red? He was shaking everyone's hands and I put my hand out to shake it and he just turned away.
"But it was on camera as well!"

Rashford also spoke about his experience at the World Cup this summer, saying: "The first game is something you'll take with you forever.
"Not everyone gets to play in a World Cup and you have to really live that moment."
The United star finished off by paying Rainbow the ultimate compliment, adding: "I think people of your mentality... it's an amazing thing.
"It's definitely inspirational because it's one of those things where you know not many people could actually develop the skills in the manner that you do.

"I'd love to come over and train and maybe watch a game... you are a hero, Rainbow."

0 comments:

Post a Comment