Thursday, October 11, 2018

World most expensive goal keeper reveals what life has really been like under Maurizio Sarri


Arrizabalaga become the most expensive goalkeeper in history when he switched Athletic Bilbao for Stamford Bridge over the summer in a mammoth £71m transfer.

His Blues career has got off to a fine start with Maurizio Sarri’s side still unbeaten in the Premier League and only conceding five goals in eight games.

The 24-year-old has taken to the English game well and looked impressive in the Chelsea net.
And while the young stopper says it hasn’t been easy, he’s enjoying life in west London.
Arrizabalaga said: “Leaving your environment, and the place where you have grown up, is always going to be difficult.
“But I felt moving to Chelsea was an important step in my career so that’s why I wanted to do it, but of course I will always be grateful to Athletic Bilbao for all the years I spent with them, and for all they’ve given me.
“The Premier League and La Liga are very different. The style of play is different, the person training me is different, everything is different and new.

“But all in all, so far I feel very happy.
“I think I’m adapting very well to being in the team, which is the most important thing, and I’m really looking forward to spending a long time in the Premier League with Chelsea.”

Arrizabalaga has enjoyed the opening weeks of Sarri’s Chelsea tenure as has team-mate Ross Barkley.

The England star is starting to show his very best again and has his sights set on silverware this season.

He said: “We are right in there. We have got the players who have achieved that success before, and we believe we are capable of doing that.

“We’re getting used to the way the manager wants us to play and we’ll continue to improve.
“We are taking each month as it comes, setting our targets, and hopefully at the end of the season we will get trophies.”
The 24-year-old, signed from Everton for £15m in January, added: “It was a fantastic result for us [at Southampton], and not only that, for me to get my first goal was fantastic.

“I feel like I have been at a high level for a couple of years, but it’s just about producing performances on game day.

“Last season I had a difficult time with injuries, but on the training pitch I have felt strong and confident and I have built on that.

“As the season goes on I am sure I’ll continue to improve and show people what I am capable of.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment