Saturday, October 6, 2018

Fabregas wants to extend is stay at Chelsea by signing new contract

Cesc Fabregas would like to extend his stay at Chelsea, although he has revealed that he intends to end his career ‘away from Europe’.
Fabregas has just eight months remaining on his current Chelsea contract and is yet to make a single appearance in the Premier League for the Blues this season.
He has however featured under Maurizio Sarri in the Carabao Cup and Europa league, but despite his limited opportunities under the Italian, the 31-year-old has said he would love to extend his stay at Stamford Bridge.
“I’m very open about it, to be honest, the club has not said anything [about an extension],” he said after Chelsea’s 1-0 win over MOL Vida on Thursday.
“At the end of the day, I have eight months left and at the moment, I’m gone. But I’d love to stay at the club. I’ve been very happy for the last four years and a half, we’ve had great success, won many things.
“I think I have a good understanding with the fans and players. I feel I still have a lot of football left in me, but it is now up to the club.

When asked if he saw himself ending his career at Stamford Bridge though, the former Arsenal and Barcelona midfielder said he’d likely play away from Europe first before calling it quits.


“No, I don’t think so. Probably in a few years I’d like to go away from Europe and experience something different at the later stage of my career. But, for now, I still feel really good.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment