Friday, October 19, 2018

Mourinho and Shaw react after top class Manchester United deal confirmed!

Luke Shaw has admitted he is very proud to sign a new contract and stay at Manchester United for the foreseeable future.

After failing to impress boss Jose Mourinho in his first few months at the job as the special one felt Shaw was not fit enough and di not have the quality to be the clubs long-term left-back, and even started lining up possible replacements for the Englishman.

However, after getting himself fit, staying away from injuries and fighting for his Old Trafford future, he has earned a place in Mourinhos starting line-up and is now an integral part of the United squad, which is just why Mourinho was so keen to offer Shaw a brand new contract.

After signing his deal, Shaw said on the Sky Sports website: “Since I came to United it’s been a whirlwind four years. I am very proud to sign my new contract and continue my stay at this great club.I want to thank everybody that has stood by me and shown me huge support – the management, my team-mates and the fans. I want to let everyone know that I will give everything I have to repay them and deliver success over the years to come.

“I’m still very young with a lot more to learn and I can’t wait to continue my progress under Jose Mourinho.”

Boss Mourinho also reacted to the news Shaw has signed a new deal and admitted his delight at seeing the left-back sign up after a poor start to life under the special one, telling Sky Sports: “Luke fully deserves this contract. He understood his development process, he has worked really hard at every level and he always believes in himself which is a great attribute to have.Luke is still young and is improving all the time and he must feel very proud of himself.


“I am delighted that we are keeping such a talented young English player with a bright future ahead of him.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment