Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Van Dijk accepts Koeman blast: I know he care

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk says he has no problem with the public criticism of Holland coach Ronald Koeman.

Koeman hammered Van Dijk for the penalty he conceded in Sunday's 0-0 draw with Manchester City, having also produced a lapse in Holland's defeat to France.

Asked about Koeman confronting him at training about the incidents, Van Dijk told AD: "Of course I know our coach. So I thought: I will let him have his say and then I will start talking about it myself.
"I know he is keen on me.

"For example (at Southampton), we did passing exercises. So I could give nine balls well, but I would then make a final mistake, then I would hear from him.
"Others made many more mistakes. It taught me: as long as a trainer is working with you, it is a good sign.

"From the outside it is sometimes very easy to judge situations. But I also think that I should be able to play ninety minutes without mistakes."

0 comments:

Post a Comment