Thursday, September 27, 2018

Gareth Bale's stunner against Liverpool missed out on award

I voted for Didier Deschamps and Luka Modric - it's hard to argue against Deschamps as a coach, not only winning the World Cup but how he did it. He had massive disappointment in the Euros in his home country, then massive pressure after leaving a lot of big-name players behind but those big decisions he made paid off.

To go on and win the World Cup, granted with a really good team, but the way he gelled them together was brilliant and I enjoyed watching them.
As for Modric, I went to a couple of games at the World Cup and he made Croatia tick, he was a big part of them getting to the final. He's similar to Paul Scholes and these players don't come along too often so it's good to celebrate these players - who can dictate the tempo of a game and change it when they want to.
I think Mohamed Salah's scored better goals, not taking anything away from the goals he's scored and he's a fantastic player, but just for the wow moment and the enormity of the games then Gareth Bale should have won that I think.

I think it's the only goal that would have got the reaction his did when he scored - I don't think you would have got that reaction from any other goal, purely because of the goal it was and in the final, it was just a wow moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment