Saturday, September 22, 2018

Lyon Star Takes Dig at his Former Club Man Utd

Lyon forward Memphis Depay has insisted that he has become “a much better player” since leaving the Old Trafford.

Depay joined the Red Devils from Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven in the summer of 2015, having found back of the net 28 times in all competitions for the club during the 2014-15 season.
The Dutchman has struggled during his time at Man Utd, but, managing just seven goals in 53 games before moving to Lyon back in 2017.

Depay has returned to Manchester on Wednesday night when Lyon faced Man City in the Champions League, and the 24-year-old has said that he is determined to secure a positive result against the Citizens.

“Everybody knows the story of me and Manchester United was not successful and I’m just happy that I’m the player I am today,” Depay told reporters.

“I can look back and say I didn’t want it to go like that – nobody wanted that – things happened and I became a much better player. I can feel it in the games, I mean everybody can see it I think as well.
“After one season, I couldn’t find myself in the team. I was still young, didn’t get a lot of opportunities, but I must say that the first season I didn’t put the quality on the table that I thought. I believe for sure that the city is still Red and tomorrow I’ll be trying to get a good result against the Blues.”

Dutch international forward has found back of the net 22 times in 51 games for Lyon during the 2017-18 season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment