Thursday, October 4, 2018

Arsenal set to reward long-serving star with new bumper deal

Nacho Monreal has revealed that he is “in contact” with Arsenal over signing a new deal, according to the reports.
The 32-year-old defender has played over 200 games for the Gunners since a 2013 move from La Liga outfits Malaga.

The full-back will see his current deal with the Gunners expire next season, and Barcelona have recently been rumoured with a move for his signature.

Monreal has said that he is “really happy” at North London club, though, and is currently discussing a new deal with the club.

“At the moment we are talking with the club. I’ve always said I am really happy, I feel very happy playing for Arsenal. I came six years ago. I have a good relationship with them,” Monreal told reporters. “We are in contact in any moment so don’t worry about that. I am happy here. That is the most important thing.”

As it stands, Spanish full-back would be free to negotiate with foreign teams in the start of 2019.

Athletic Bilbao are also believed to have expressed interest in 32-year-old Arsenal star.

0 comments:

Post a Comment