Friday, August 31, 2018

Done Deal: Tammy Abraham completes Aston Villa switch

Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham has completed a season-long loan move to Aston Villa.

The English striker has previously impressed in the Championship, scoring 26 goals in 48 appearances for Bristol City in the 2016/17 campaign, before being offered an opportunity in the Premier League with Swansea City last season, where he scored five goals for the Swans.

With Chelsea under new management once again, Abraham hasn’t been able to impress Maurizio Sarri sufficiently to convince him that he can make a significant impact for the Blues this season, and has allowed him to join Aston Villa on loan for the rest of the 2018/19 season:

“I’m excited for this new chapter,” Abraham told the official Aston Villa website.

“Aston Villa are a big club that belongs in the Premier League and I’m here to help them achieve that.

“At this stage of my career, I need games and this is a great place for me to come and showcase my talent. I can’t wait to get started.”

Abraham, who appeared as a substitute in Chelsea’s Community Shield defeat by Manchester City earlier this month, could make his Villa debut in Saturday’s Championship game at Sheffield United.

0 comments:

Post a Comment