Monday, September 3, 2018

Micheal Seri has revealed why he snubbed Chelsea

Ivorian midfielder Jean Micheal Seri has revealed why he snubbed Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham to join London  club Fulham FC, per reports.

Seri had attracted interest from top clubs across Europe following his barnstorming three-year spell in Ligue 1 with Nice and the football World was in shock when he decided to join Fulham.
Barcelona were thought to have made him their prime target in the summer of 2017 but they opted to sign Paulinho but in the immediate past summer, they were believed to be weighing in on a deal for him.

Chelsea were equally heavily linked with a move for the star but they have signed on Jorginho and Mateo Kavacic in his stead. Seri has spoken to  The Times  and he’s revealed he only wanted to join Fulham.
 ‘When I played for Pacos de Ferreira in Portugal, Nice came for me and they really came. Fulham wanted me the same way.

‘They said, “We want you, come to Fulham”. Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, they saw me but they didn’t say, “We want you”.

‘Because Fulham gave me this respect, although other clubs wanted me, I wanted to sign for Fulham.’

He further added that:  ‘Fulham said to my president, “We want Seri, talk to him if he’s interested because we know Chelsea, Manchester want him and he almost signed for Barcelona but we are back in the Premier League”.

‘My president calls me, he says, “Fulham want you, do you want to go?”
‘I say, “If they want me, they respect me”. The big clubs want me but Fulham showed they wanted me.’


Fulham thumped Burnley last week in a 4-2 thriller and Seri was on the scoresheet with a stunning goal. He has been a beast for Fulham in the middle of the pack this term and he has been tipped to succeed at the side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment