Saturday, July 14, 2018

New €35m Signing: Why I Chose Barca

New FC Barcelona signing Clement Lenglet, who was also linked with Manchester United, has explained why he chose to join the Catalan giants.

The LaLiga champions confirmed the signing of the French defender on Thursday, with the player penning a five-year deal with the club.

Jose Mourinho's Man United were also interested according to ESPN but the 23-year-old says he chose Barca because they are the biggest club in the world.

"I chose Barcelona because, for me, they're the biggest club [in the world] and they play in Spain, which is the best league in the world," Lenglet added. "I want to win trophies and I think I am at the best possible club to do that.
 
"Of course, I also want to play, because a player that doesn't play isn't always happy. I am here to learn, to play minutes and to win titles.
 
"Like all players, I want to play as much as possible. I know I am at a big club with a lot of competition in my position but I am going to do all I can to be on the pitch every game.
 
"I am ambitious but also respectful. There are really good players here and I will learn from them on the training ground and in matches - whether I'm playing or not.
 

"When you have the opportunity to play in a stadium like this, play the Champions League, play with [Lionel] Messi, have the option to win the Champions League... this gives you motivation to sign here."

Do you think Lenglet will be a good signing for Barcelona? Have your say in the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment